Thursday, August 22, 2013

"The Law of Divine Compensation" Book Review


Marianne Williamson is back with another gift to her readers in "The Law of Divine Compensation". There are moments so profound in this book that I started to tear-up as I remembered who I am and why I am here.

Williamson's work feels deeply channeled and is full of spiritual truths. In many chapters, I actually highlighted most of the sentences as the messages were all meaningful. If you saw my copy of the book you would see many "!" and heart drawings as well because the material really resonated.

If you are ready and willing to shift your perception around work and money this is a must-read. My favorite new belief brought forward from this book is: "what is lacking shall become abundant". It is a divine law that the Universe compensates for a loss, rights itself, and balances out. Early in Marianne's career she had to absorb a loss and she learned a lot from this experience. Her story serves as an inspiration to me as I continue to put forward heart-centered work without full compensation for my time (yet!).

Another beautiful lesson from the book is that our true work in the world is really our "calling" and our true boss is really God (aka Love). We are here to co-create with the greater intelligence from where we originated. We can either continue to serve fear and live an egoic lifestyle or we can choose love, step into our true gifts, and share from our heart. I have taken both paths and can honestly say, the latter choice is not easy but it provides much fulfillment and happiness. The reward of committing to your soul is that you continually receive access to a greater creative source that feels purely magical as it moves through you and allows you to be of service. You are here to make a positive difference and loyalty to your soul is what fills your cup and feels like real wealth. Even if the green bills don't flow right to you right away, the intangibles of Spirit will. Inspiration and joy are the new currency.
 

In many ways this is a book about love and the main principle from "A Course in Miracles" which is to shift our thoughts from fear to love. I felt so reassured by Marianne's comment that "what I had done for love came back to me a thousandfold and more." While I haven't yet seen any big outer rewards in terms of revenue for my business, I know I am serving the greater good on a daily basis and working to spread love and inspiration. I know this is my calling and I am just asked to trust that there will be a beautiful return on my investment. God/Love is my Source and the lesson is to continue to trust.

It's comforting to know that wealth and prosperity are an inner experience and that they can never be taken away. The path, as Marianne outlines, is in faith, love, miracles, meditation, prayer, purity of heart and embracing abundance while also releasing negative beliefs, anger, guilt and prejudice.

My other favorite book on money is Geneen Roth's "Lost & Found" which profoundly shifted my thinking about money and its true meaning. I hope you pick up a copy of both and enjoy these treasures as much as I did.

Entertain, Enlighten, Inspire,

Kate Neligan - CEO/Founder of Synergy TV

No comments:

Post a Comment