Wednesday, September 5, 2012

One of the best short films ever made... "Change for a Dollar"


This is a MUST see short, drop everything you are doing and watch it now - it is amazing! I was crying within two minutes and couldn't stop sopping until the end. However, it's not sad at all - it's inspiring and uplifting and will make you feel better about humanity.

"Change for a Dollar" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXL9vIUbWg

I had to post about this right away because I am so moved and deeply touched by the journey this film takes us on in just ten minutes and with only six words of dialogue. I wanted to share it so hopefully you are as well.

I've always believed that the homeless are actually highly evolved souls that come here as teachers for all of us. The first time I heard this was in "Embraced by the Light" which is a beautiful book that really looks at our homeless in a very different way.

What came forward for me while watching this is that homeless men and women truly are angels. Especially the one in this film. Why, you might ask? Because if we are ever triggered by them or get emotionl - they are being of service to our own personal growth and healing.

There is nothing less human about them because they don't work or because they might be a little dirty from the streets. They are still divine beings having a human experience just like the rest of us and it is a simple choice to shower them with compassion rather than judgment.

Every single time I see a homeless person I say the following blessing: "peace be with you" and this has been a silent prayer for years for me and I know some day one of them will look at me and say "and also with you" because I KNOW they are connected and tapped in to Source. We are no different and in fact, we are all connected.

I am so grateful for this video, the different and refreshing perspective, and for the acts of kindness so gracefully demonstrated. The only thing that is wrong with our homeless population is our own greed and any collective consciousness regarding lack.

It is time America to live more simply, do with less and help our brothers and sisters with what they need. There is ENOUGH, we are enough.....let's start acting like it.

My heartfelt prayer is that more of these films are made and seen, so we can look into the mirror to a better humanity. My promise is that I will do everything I can to see this happen.

- Kate Neligan
Founder/CEO of Synergy TV
Enterain - Enlighten - Inspire

1 comment:

  1. Cried three times - then donated a dollar - well done Sharon! Kate - you may want to make any links on your blog pages - open a new tab - so we can always get back to this wonderful place :)

    ReplyDelete